You need more than just SQL Server engine knowledge – you need to know how CPU, memory, and storage affect your database server. This book goes beyond typical internals books and gives you useful information that will help you troubleshoot SQL Server problems every day. We give you invaluable advice that brings together—and simplifies—practical internal information concerning SQL Server along with troubleshooting techniques and methodologies.
Our book, Professional SQL Server 2008 Internals & Troubleshooting, is packed with real-world examples of ways to effectively use troubleshooting tools and tips like:
- The lifecycle of a query to establish an understanding of the fundamental concepts and architectures
- Memory including physical components, Windows memory management, and SQL Server’s own memory architecture
- SQL Server wait types and how to monitor them with Extended Events
- Knowledge to confidently specify and monitor your storage performance requirements
- SQL Server’s locking model, the internal use of latches, and row versioning
When you’re convinced that it’s the right resource for you, you can order the book today.